Download Full Text (311 KB)
In the local news column in De Hollander it was reported that a meeting was held in the Holland Academy to establish guidelines for the formation of a second church, "mainly for American, High German and other folk understanding English, for whom the Rev. Mr. Phelps preaches almost every Sunday afternoon." At the head of the subscription for raising money for a building was Rev. Albertus Van Raalte who donated four building lots.
The original documents are held in the Holland Museum.
This digitized material is intended for personal research/study only. The original documents may not be reproduced for commercial use in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without permission in writing from the Holland Museum.
ten Hoor, Henry, "Report in De Hollander" (1860). Van Raalte Papers: 1860-1869. 49.