Download Full Text (686 KB)
A was call extended by the Reformed Church of Graafschap, Michigan, to the Rev. A. G. de Waal, pastor of the Seceded congregations at Axel, Zaamslag, and ten Neusden. He received 32 of the 43 votes cast. The congregation consisted of 51 families. There was a parsonage with five acres of land. The call was signed by the elders, H. Strabbing, A. J. Neerken, and Pieter Boven, and deacons, G. F. van Anrooy and M. Noeije.
Graafschap, Fillmore-Allegan Michigan, Holland Post Office
The original documents are held in the Holland Museum.
This digitized material is intended for personal research/study only. The original documents may not be reproduced for commercial use in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without permission in writing from the Holland Museum.
Strabbing, H.; Neerken, A. J.; Boven, Pieter; van Anrooy, G. F.; Noeije, M.; Moerdyk, P. T.; and Kennedy, Nella, "A Call Was Extended by the Reformed Church of Graafschap, Michigan, to the Rev. A. G. De Waal, Pastor of the Seceded Congregations at Axel, Zaamslag, and Ten Neusden" (1852). Van Raalte Papers: 1850-1859. 222.