Authors

Files

Download

Download Full Text (1.2 MB)

Description

Albertus C. Van Raalte purchased property in Block 2, of the City of Holland, on this date from George Peters and part of section 29 of Holland township. On July 21, 1848, Van Raalte and the trustees of the city, J. Van der Veen, J. A. Verhorst, Jan Slag, and J. Schrader, are noted as owners of the property. On September 13, 1859, the Van Raaltes deeded the property to "The Public" yet the Van Raaltes sell the property on January 3, 1867. A William Fliestra sold the property to John Ball, May 24, 1881.

Date

6-7-1847

Notes

Description of the document and reference to the Holland Museum by Dr. Elton J. Bruins.

About the collection:

Elton J. Bruins, long-time professor in the Department of Religion at Hope College, spent years collecting documents by and about Albertus C. Van Raalte, founder of Holland, Michigan and early patron of Hope College. Documents were gathered from dozens of public and private collections, making a nearly exhaustive collection of Van Raalte's writings and reflections. It is these documents that make up the "Van Raalte Papers."

Source

The original documents are held in the Holland Museum.

Rights

This digitized material is intended for personal research/study only. The original documents may not be reproduced for commercial use in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without permission in writing from the Holland Museum.

Albertus C. Van Raalte Purchases Property in Block 2 of the City of Holland and Part of Section 29 of Holland Township

Share

COinS