Founded in 1840 as First Reformed Church of Grand Rapids and later merged with the Second Reformed Church in 1921 to form the Central Reformed Church of Grand Rapids. The churches were served by many ministers of the Reformed Church in America (RCA) and included Rev. Taylor, Rev. H. S. Klyn, Rev. Philip, Rev. Cornelius Vander Meulen, Rev. Dosker, Rev. Christian Vander Veen, Rev. J. Vander Meulen, Rev. Peter Moerdyke, Rev. M. Kolyn, Dr. John A Dykstra, Rev. Marcus, Rev. Marion de Velder, Dr. Cyril E. Barker, Dr. Frederick H. Olert, and Rev. Marlin Vander Wilt. The collection includes records from all three churches: First Reformed Church, Second Reformed Church, and Central Reformed Church.
Repository citation: Western Theological Seminary, "W99-1241. Michigan, Grand Rapids. Central Reformed Church. Records, 1848-1994. 34.50 linear ft." (2014). Collection Registers and Abstracts. Paper 878.
March 6, 2014.