The Woman’s Board of Foreign Missions (WBFM) of the RCA was organized in 1875 in Marble Collegiate Church in Manhattan. Thirteen women, in response to a recommendation of the 1874 General Synod, met to commit themselves to the proposition that women in all parts of the world had a right to a Christian life. Through prayer and monetary gifts, the WBFM supported the schools established by the RCA for women and children at the various mission stations. The organization continued until 1946 when it was absorbed into the Board of Foreign Missions of the RCA. The collection includes annual reports, newsletters, publications, program of the month, reports on missions in China, India, Japan, and directories for the Woman’s Board of Foreign Missions and Women's Board of Domestic Missions (WBDM).
Repository citation: Western Theological Seminary, "W88-0303. Woman’s Board of Foreign Missions. Records, 1875-1946. 3.00 linear ft." (2014). Collection Registers and Abstracts. Paper 860.
February 28, 2014.