An RCA church organized in 1960 for work among African-Americans in the north Grandville Avenue area of Grand Rapids. The church was under the supervision of the North and South Grand Rapids Classes and used the former Fifth Reformed Church building. The congregation was served by one pastor, the Rev. H. Herbert Taylor, from 1959-1965. The church disbanded in 1967. The collection includes financial statements, attendance figures, consistory minutes, treasurer’s reports, classis reports, correspondence with Rev. Samuel Williams and a paper, The Need for a Study of the Pleasant Hill Reformed Church.
Repository citation: Western Theological Seminary, "W92-1045. Michigan, Grand Rapids. Pleasant Hill Reformed Church. Records, 1961-1967. 0.25 linear ft." (2013). Collection Registers and Abstracts. Paper 652.
June 25, 2013.