Organized by the Classis ofChicago, Reformed Church inAmerica, on January 6, 1961. Services had begun the previous year, 1960. Pastors included Vernon D. Van Der Werff, 1960-1965; Marvin D. Hoff, 1966-1969 and 1981-1985; Bruce G. Laverman, 1969-1980; Donald E. Jansma, 1986-1989; and Peter C. Semeyn, 1990-. Jack D. Klunder served as associate pastor 1977-1979 and Robert Honig not only was an early elder in the congregation, but after theological training and ordination began serving as associate pastor in 1988. The congregation of Palos Heights Reformed Church merged with that of Hope Reformed Church in Chicago in 1973. The records of the Palos Heights Reformed Church include consistory minutes of the congregation from 1960-1962 and papers and letters relating to the building of the first church building in 1961 and 1962. The records of Hope Church are available in the archives as well (W93-1066).
Repository citation: Western Theological Seminary, "W93-1073. Illinois, Palos Heights. Palos Heights Reformed Church. Records, 1960-1962. 0.25 linear ft." (2013). Collection Registers and Abstracts. Paper 634.
June 21, 2013.