W01-1262.50. North River Avenue Mission. Records, ca. 1930, 1959. 1 folder.
Also known as North River Avenue Sunday School, North End Gospel Hall, and Calvary Chapel. Formed in 1912 under the direction of the Holland Classis of the Christian Reformed Church for mission work in the North End neighborhood of Holland. A small store on the corner of Sixth Street and River Avenue served as the first chapel, followed by the old Van Oord house on the corner of Second Street and River Avenue, and finally an old church moved from the Alpena Road area and placed next to the second building. Collection includes a photograph of the North River Avenue Mission chapel and student group, ca. 1930 and a copy of "Flashes from the King's Field," publication, August 1959. (N)
A recommended citation will become available once a downloadable file has been added to this entry.