The Hope College Chapel Choir was started as a group to lead the daily student chapel services. It is first listed in the Hope College Bulletin in 1930. Its first director was W. Curtis Snow, the college’s organist. Other directors were Harold Tower (1935-1936), Kenneth Osborne (1936-1941), Robert Cavanaugh (1941-1974), Roger Rietberg (1974-1990), J. Scott Ferguson (1990-1994), James Morrow (1994-1997), Peter Jermihov (1997-1998) and Brad Richmond (1998-present). The Chapel Choir has conducted a number of tours over spring break to various parts of the United States and Canada. The first was in 1953. Chapel Choir has also toured Europe a number of times. The collection includes correspondence, programs, press books for Chapel Choir European and spring tours, scrapbooks, reel-to-reel recordings and compact discs (CD) for concerts and 1976 memorial service for Robert Cavanaugh.
Repository citation: Hope College, "H88-0393.5. Chapel Choir. Records, 1931-[ongoing]. 5.50 linear ft." (2012). Collection Registers and Abstracts. Paper 6.
February 5, 2012.