The Mission to Lepers Society was founded in 1847 by a Scotsman, Wellesley C. Bailey, who served as a missionary in India. The American Committee of the Mission to Lepers was formed in 1906 and incorporated as the American Mission to Lepers in 1920. The mission is still active; it is a nonprofit, Christian medical mission supporting more than 100 programs in approximately 30 countries. The collection consists of booklets, brochures, pamphlets and programs, and the Leprosy Missions Digest.
Repository citation: Western Theological Seminary, "W88-0318. Leprosy Missions. Records, 1916-1960. 0.25 linear ft." (2013). Collection Registers and Abstracts. Paper 532.
May 23, 2013.