Started by Dutch settlers as the First Reformed Church of Chicago, this still-active Berwyn, Illinois, church recorded its minutes in Dutch until 1929. The collection consists mainly of consistory minutes from 1853 to 1938 and a 1953 100th anniversary booklet. It also contains certificates for baptism, confirmation, and other church functions, as well as correspondence and a report. Most documents are in Dutch.
Repository citation: Western Theological Seminary, "W88-0601. Illinois, Berwyn. First Reformed Church. Records, 1853-1953. 1.50 linear ft." (2012). Collection Registers and Abstracts. Paper 360.
October 11, 2012.