H06-1599.1. DeVos Fieldhouse, Richard and Helen. Records, 2001-[ongoing]. 0.25 linear ft.
The Richard and Helen DeVos Fieldhouse houses offices for the department of kinesiology and the college’s athletic training program, and is home court for the volleyball and men’s and women’s basketball programs. The 102,000 square foot building is situated on Fairbanks Avenue south of Ninth Street. The fieldhouse was named for Richard and Helen DeVos in honor of their foundation’s leadership gift. The total project cost was $22 million. The collection includes newspaper clippings, printed website pages, color maps for visitors, digital images used for the creation of the alcoves in the basketball court area in 2006 (3 compact discs), video titled “The Perfect NCAA Venue,” and the photograph album “Highlights of Hope’s First Year in DeVos Fieldhouse,” 2006.
A recommended citation will become available once a downloadable file has been added to this entry.