Document Type

Register

Abstract

Coopersville Reformed Church (also went by the names Polkton and Eastmanville) was organized in 1854, but dates its history to 1846. Ministers included Rev. Jacob Vander Meulen and Rev. James Huysoon. Collection includes a complete set of bulletins from 1970-1992 and the minutes of the consistory dating back to 1854 (some of the early minutes were destroyed by fire, but the collection is complete from 1914-1984); church directories published between 1957 and 2001, including several pictorial directories; church newsletter Echoes, Courier, and Love Link, 1962-1999; photographs of the church and parsonage, pastors and missionaries, and of the 100th anniversary celebration in 1954; and other materials from the 125th anniversary in 1979; Sunday School records from 1900-1973; minutes of the various women’s groups dating back to 1894; records of the Young Peoples Society from 1911-1926 are also a part of this collection.

Comments

Download document for the detailed Collection Register.

Please visit the Joint Archives of Holland page for more information.

Share

COinS