W06-1315. Michigan, Holland. Central Park Union Chapel. Records, 1903. 1.00 linear ft.
Now known as Central Park Chapel, church services have been held at the site of the current chapel since the late 1890s and were conducted by John Stryker and Hermanus Hondrop for many years. The chapel building was built in 1903 and still welcomes many different denominations to its 550 Grove Street location. The collection included an undated pulpit Bible given to the Union Reformed Chapel, Central Park, Michigan, by Rev. and Mrs. John (1866-1941) Van Westenburg of Pella, Iowa, on August 3, 1903. Van Westenburg was serving First Reformed Church of Pella, Iowa, at the time of the gift and was an 1888 graduate of Hope College and 1891 graduate of New Brunswick Theological Seminary.
A recommended citation will become available once a downloadable file has been added to this entry.