W88-0615. Michigan, Holland. Central Park Reformed Church. Records, 1851-2002. 7.00 linear ft.
Organized in 1847, the church was known originally as the “Hollandsche Gereformeerde Gemeente te Graafschap, Michigan.” Volume one begins with a brief history of the congregation from 1847 to 1865. Five volumes are consistory and congregational minutes, 1865-1927, followed by folders holding consistory minutes up to 2002. Two volumes are membership records, 1851-1908. The minutes from 1865-1918 are in Dutch. Also included are the first Bible used in the church in 1847, brought from the Netherlands by Arend Jan Neerken, and historical booklets One Hundredth Anniversary of the Central Park Reformed Church, 1847-1947, 1947 and Central Park Reformed Church 125th Anniversary, 1847-1972, 1972. Consistory minutes and registers, 1851-1928, are available on microfilm. Membership directories (n.d., 1993-1994, 1996) and a 1987 history brochure are also available.
A recommended citation will become available once a downloadable file has been added to this entry.