H06-1088.50. Graves Hall. Records, 1892-[ongoing]. 4.50 linear ft.
Graves Hall was built in 1892 and named after eastern philanthropist Nathan Graves. Collection includes historical items concerning the fundraising, construction and renovations of Graves Hall, which is made up of the original Graves Library and Winants Chapel, such as two pieces of original stained glass from Winants Chapel that were salvaged during one of the renovations, original cornerstone box and contents, 2008 renovation plans, new cornerstone box content list, newspaper clippings throughout its existence, photographs and documentation of its renovations, and the 2009 revised 2004 history by Dr. Elton J. Bruins titled “A Step Forward for Hope College: The Building of Graves Hall and Winants Auditorium.” Additional photographs are available in the Office of Community and Public Relations and Hope Photographs file.
A recommended citation will become available once a downloadable file has been added to this entry.