H03-1480.5. Boone’s City Kitchen/Veurink’s City Kitchen. Papers, 1965-2003. 0.25 linear ft.
Originally founded in 1946 by Clarence C. Boone at 68 E. 8th Street in Holland and later purchased by Gordon Veurink from Boone’s survivors and co-owner Frank Moser. Boone originally owned the Tulip Café in downtown Holland and later Boone’s County Kitchen on old M-21 (Chicago Drive) between Holland and Zeeland before opening the 8th Street business after his return from service in World War Two. Collection includes newspaper clippings, photographic slides, written memories of former employees and customers, and oral history interviews (cassette, transcription and CD) from former waitress Fay Volkers, and Gordon Veurink, former cook and owner.
A recommended citation will become available once a downloadable file has been added to this entry.