Formerly known as the RCA Board of Domestic Missions. Informally begun in 1786, it became official in 1844. Rev. Wyckoff ofAlbany, New York, was commissioned to visit Holland in 1849. Based on his testimony the Board of Domestic Missions provided economic support for Holland’s ministries. In 1961, the Board changed its name to the Board of North American Missions. Further evangelical expansion reached Mexico, the Appalachians, and Canada. The collection consists of articles, correspondence, manuals, maps, minutes, publications, and reports associated with the Board of North American Missions. Some materials address various ethnic converts, primarily American Indians.
Repository citation: Western Theological Seminary, "W88-0304. Board of North American Missions. Records, 1849-1982. 3.00 linear ft." (2012). Collection Registers and Abstracts. Paper 119.
May 31, 2012.